Skip to main content

FROZEN 2 by Urizen


With all of the hype surrounding Frozen, a sequel was inevitable. The only thing to worry about is whether it could be as good as the first.  I truthfully wasn’t sure myself, though the trailers looked top notch.  Now time has passed, I've seen it and will talk about it a bit. As Facebook has made life impossible, I am stuck having to do much shorter reviews for a bit. With that in mind, I won't be able to touch on everything I want to. Oh well, time to let it go and dive on into Frozen 2.

   Taking place three years after the original, Frozen 2 rejoins Kristoff, Sven, Olaf, Anna, and Elsa as they have to embark on a new adventure. To save the kingdom of Arendelle, the group must venture off after a voice calling to Elsa to solve the mystery of both Elsa’s powers, and what is threatening the safety of the kingdom.

  This movie is honestly really good.  I think it is either just as good as, if not better than the first. While I love seeing origins and groups coming together,  I love to see the family dynamic even more.  Getting to see the sisterly love, and just the love everyone in the group had for one another,  it was just great. 

   The music to me was far better and more memorable than the original Frozen movie. Indina Menzel, Kirsten Bell, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad all do such amazing jobs.  The worst thing the music has going for it is that it won't be as catchy as the first movie’s songs. Though you are absolutely lying if you say “Into the Unknown” doesn't get stuck in your head constantly.

   On the subject of actors,  all of them nail their performances. Nothing ever feels weak or phoned in. It is also really appreciated how well Josh Gad does at playing Olaf. This is a character that from the very beginning could have been so much more annoying, but instead manages to avoid it. I think a lot of that comes from the performance.

   The designs and animation are also really well done. I thought they were great looking in the last movie; this one blows them away. It is really something to go look at how far Disney has come over the years. It has always been impressive, but we have been getting into whole other categories of greatness. This really shows when it comes to the nature and elements. The scenery is gorgeous while the ice, snow and fire visuals are just amazing. I can’t wait to see what they can pull off in another few years time.


   If I had to talk about anything really negative with this movie, it would be the story. For the most part, it is a bit generic. There are a lot of elements at play here that we have all seen before. Maybe that’s what makes it very predictable. Nothing is really a twist. From pretty early on you can tell exactly what’s going to happen and where certain plots will go. It isn’t enough to ruin the movie for me, especially as I can recognize that this is a children’s movie, so what I can pick up on, they might not. It still ends up being a weak point of the movie sadly.

   Over all, Frozen 2 is an pretty great, enjoyable movie. It has some amazing visuals and animation, gives us more of the characters we know and love, throwing in some very heartfelt, realistic moments along the way, and has a soundtrack that I would argue is better than the firsts. If you haven’t seen these movies, take your hesitation and let it go because they are ones that you shouldn’t miss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL by Urizen

   Here come the Men in Black! I have gone back and forth on this franchise’s future for years now. Rumors and plans have been thrown around for a while, including a weird 21 Jump Street crossover (dodged a bullet there), yet nothing had really came to fruition until recently when we got the announcement for Men In Black International. My hope continued to grow more and more as it was announced that Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth would be starring in it. The two worked great together in Thor Ragnarok and both are great at acting, so it had to be good. As the trailer came out, it seemed like an interesting twist, but also kept the same feel of the original series. As usual though, the reviews came, and I grew worried. I didn’t know what I was getting into.    Men In Black: International deals with Thompson's Agent M, who as a child rescued an alien that had broken into her house while being chased by the MIB. While her parents got neuralized and forgot th...

DETECTIVE PIKACHU by Urizen

Growing up, I was a fan of the  Pokemon   franchise. I started out like most kids at that time, with Red and Blue on the Gameboy Color.  I followed the game  franchise, anime, manga, collected the cards and so much more. In all of that time though, I never expected we would get a live action movie.  When the news came out that they were making  a live action movie based off the Detective Pikachu game, with Ryan Reynolds voice Pikachu, I was a little  nervous. I didn’t see  any way this would be good. Between a live action  Pokemon ,  and Hollywood’s track  record with anime and video game adaptations, there was a lot here to worry about.  When the first trailer came out  though, everything changed. The  Pokemon  designs, while jarring at first, were amazing.  The story didn’t look to be anything too ground breaking, but looked fun enough and  Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu actually seemed pretty good. ...

DEATH NOTE by Urizen

   Oh how I have waited for this day! Finally the stars have aligned in such a way that I can do this review! I always wished for this but never thought it would actually come to be. I don’t even know how to handle myself. I have so much to say! So, let’s just dive right in and talk about the world famous Death Note!    Written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, the Death Note manga started being released in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2003. It told the story of Light Yagami, a very intelligent high school student who is sick of the failures of the justice system. One day he stumbles across this black notebook labeled “Death Note.” Inside it is a list of rules that tells him if he writes anyone’s name in it, that person will die. It is found out that the notebook belongs to a Shinigami, a god of death, named Ryuk. Ryuk dropped his notebook in the human world because he was bored and wanted to see what would happen. Light decides to use the...