Skip to main content

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS AFTER WATCHING DETECTIVE PIKACHU by Urizen


  


So this will be on the shorter side of things, but I have thoughts after seeing Detective Pikachu. Unfortunately though, some are a bit spoilery and I really didn’t want to do a full spoiler filled review just for these. Instead I decided to do a little short side thing, bringing up a few questions/ thoughts I have from the movie. So let’s get started

   First I have to wonder, what happened to the giant Torterra now that this movie is over with? These things were shown to be huge, and around the size of mountains. Do they just get put in a medically induced coma? Are we going to get Torterra vs Godzilla? Just how far away from civilization are they even, because that seems pretty dangerous if they ever get out. Just like the Greninja. These things were enhanced and were out to kill. What happens with them now? I wonder if they will get fixed and brought back to normal somehow or if that is even possible.

   Next, Mewtwo left Kanto twenty years ago, if I remember correctly, so does that mean it was created and immediately broke free and left? Did it still go to the Cerulean Cave? It’s a minor thing, but I really am curious about Mewtwo's past in this. Which brings me to my next point.

   In every medium, Team Rocket was responsible for creating Mewtwo. Does this means Team Rocket exists in this universe? What about the other villain teams? I think that would be pretty interesting. I also wonder if maybe one of the people working in the lab to experiment on Mewtwo in this maybe worked with Team Rocket. Maybe even some tech was stolen from Bill in Kanto to allow the mind transfer. Bill did become a Pokemon at one point. So it is possible.

   Not something I wonder, and not even something fully about the movie, but I love what has happened with Ditto. In the anime, one Ditto was a failure and couldn’t change its face to match whatever it was copying. Just one. Yet now, it is just the thing for Ditto. They all have that goofy face when transformed. I love it. Looks a bit terrifying in live action though. Kind of reminded me of the button eye thing from Coraline honestly.

   I know the movie is based off from the video game of the same name, but I can’t help but wonder if this connects to the main game series at all. I swear in one scene, we see a trainer that looks a bit like Red. Maybe Mewtwo had all of this happen, then went back to Kanto and lived in Cerulean Cave. It also seems to follow the Pokemon game lore a bit more than anything else.

  My final point and the one that has led to me creating my own headcanon that I am sticking to. Does the Pokemon anime exist in this universe? We see that the card game exists which is one thing, but we also most importantly hear the theme song multiple times. In addition to that, we see multiple items such as posters and the balloons, but they are in the style of the anime and not the more realistic style of the movie. So this makes me believe that the anime does exist, but not just as a show for entertainment, but for educational purposes. Maybe the show is meant to take kids on an adventure, showing them the different Pokemon and regions. Ash isn’t meant to always be the best trainer. He is just meant to show people what the world of Pokemon has to offer. It could teach them how to be friendly to Pokemon, show them the gym leaders and even teach them the dangers of the villainous teams. Then we have the movies to teach them about the different legendary Pokemon. I don’t know, I just like the idea.

   In the end, all I’m doing is thinking way too much about a movie meant for kids. Does that mean these aren’t interesting things to wonder about though? No, not at all. Honestly if they make a second one, I would love to see all of this expanded on. Guess only time will tell as we explore more of the world of Pokemon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH NOTE by Urizen

   Oh how I have waited for this day! Finally the stars have aligned in such a way that I can do this review! I always wished for this but never thought it would actually come to be. I don’t even know how to handle myself. I have so much to say! So, let’s just dive right in and talk about the world famous Death Note!    Written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, the Death Note manga started being released in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2003. It told the story of Light Yagami, a very intelligent high school student who is sick of the failures of the justice system. One day he stumbles across this black notebook labeled “Death Note.” Inside it is a list of rules that tells him if he writes anyone’s name in it, that person will die. It is found out that the notebook belongs to a Shinigami, a god of death, named Ryuk. Ryuk dropped his notebook in the human world because he was bored and wanted to see what would happen. Light decides to use the Death Note to get

MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL by Urizen

   Here come the Men in Black! I have gone back and forth on this franchise’s future for years now. Rumors and plans have been thrown around for a while, including a weird 21 Jump Street crossover (dodged a bullet there), yet nothing had really came to fruition until recently when we got the announcement for Men In Black International. My hope continued to grow more and more as it was announced that Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth would be starring in it. The two worked great together in Thor Ragnarok and both are great at acting, so it had to be good. As the trailer came out, it seemed like an interesting twist, but also kept the same feel of the original series. As usual though, the reviews came, and I grew worried. I didn’t know what I was getting into.    Men In Black: International deals with Thompson's Agent M, who as a child rescued an alien that had broken into her house while being chased by the MIB. While her parents got neuralized and forgot the incident, eve

AVENGER ENDGAME - Spoiler Free by Urizen

AVENGER ENDGAME SPOILER FREE By Urizen 11 years ago Marvel released Iron Man and with that started one of the greatest cinematic universes of all time. With now 22 movies, the MCU has helped shape the super hero movie genre and has created not only what would be considered amazing super hero movies, but just great movies in general. Since the release of the first Avengers movie, we have been building up to this movie. Ever since that tease of Thanos, we all knew something big was coming. By the end of Infinity War, we got it. The stakes were higher than they had ever been. Naturally after all of this, expectations for Avengers Endgame were so high. I was a bit worried. I had a feeling it would be great, but I worried that everyone’s expectations were almost too high. Boy was I wrong. This movie absolutely exceeded all of that. Avengers Endgame may be the best Avengers movie and maybe the best MCU movie so far. It was to the point that even for a three hour long