Skip to main content

PERSONA 5 FUNKO BOX - Unboxing by Urizen


   I am really late when it comes to getting into things sometimes. I often mean to, but either money gets in the way or I forget. So after months and months of holding off, I finally bought Persona 5, having never played any other Persona game. Even then, I held off still for months and months more until finally giving the game a shot. At that point I became addicted, and started binge playing while I was on vacation. Unfortunately I still have not finished playing it as it takes so much time, and work interferes. I am really enjoying it so far and can’t wait to get back into it. I really hate that I didn’t get into it sooner honestly. I would have so much more merchandise if I had known how great of a game this was.

   With that I sadly also missed out on the Persona 5 pop figures that came out. Now I can only find one of them. I hope to eventually get them all one day, but was happy when I found out about the Persona 5 Funko box coming out. It at least gave me an opportunity to get something to start my collection with. Naturally I went and preordered it as soon as I was able. I went the other day to put more money on it, only to be told it was in if I wanted to pay it off and pick it up. Would have been nice if they called and let me know it was in, but it is what it is.

   While being simple, I love the design of the box. The Phantom Thieves calling card with the “Take Your Heart" written on it just looks really great in person. The red and black looks really good. I might hang onto this box to use for storage for some Yu-gi-oh cards or something. I really like it.

   The box comes with a total of five items. It has two Funko pop figures, a pop keychain, a pin, and a pen. It is largely the same as the My Hero Academia box they sold earlier this year. It isn’t much, but breaking down the values, two exclusive Gamestop pops usually sell for twelve dollars each, I found a pin like this one for around twelve, then the pens seem to range so I will go for the lower and say three dollars. That would give a little less than forty dollar value for thirty bucks. Not bad at all. The value of the box would probably go up a little over time as well due to the pop figures. I mean, again, look at the My Hero Academia box. The Endeavor pop is valued at twenty four dollars, while the Deku pop is at twenty five. You are most certainly getting what you paid for.

   So let me start right off the bat with the pop figures. First we have Protagonist in the prison outfit. As I said, I haven’t gotten any of the other Persona 5 pops yet, so I am quite happy to have this one. I like the Joker one from the main set, but this one is pretty clever. It looks like it uses the same head mold as the Joker Unmasked chase variant which makes sense, but the body mold is at least different and looks pretty good. One I like but could probably leave in the box.

   The major one for me is the Arsene pop figure. I have loved this Persona since we first see him in the games. Whether he is my strongest or not, I can’t bring myself to get rid of him. He just has such a cool design. I love the hat, the wings, the flames, he is just awesome looking. I’m happy they made a pop for Arsene and even happier that it does him justice. This is one of those that I would probably forget the collector aspect and just remove it from the box. It is one of those that you wouldn’t be able to fully appreciate if kept in the box. I hope at some point they decide to make the other main Personas in a wave with some of the other characters

   The pin is pretty cool. It is a simple blue and gold pin with the letter V on it for the Velvet Room. It took me a little bit sadly to figure out what it was,  but as far as pins go, I actually quite like this one.  I also forgot about the pop keychain. So bring the value of the box up another five dollars or so, making this box an even better deal. I like the keychain alright.  I have a few of the pop keychains,  but I usually either hang them from something random, or remove the clip and display them as the small figures.  Not sure which I will do with this one.  It is a keychain of Mona, which is pretty cool. It looks pretty decent. As with most of the pop keychains, if not all of them, it is just a keychain version of the normal pop figure, so I’m pretty happy with it

  Last, and really least, is the pen. Now being a rather cheap pen already has this as the least exciting item in this box. It isn't like the Funko pens are anything too special. They are basic pens with no grip and a tiny figure at the top.  This one contains the blue butterfly seen in the game at the top. Honestly, despite my interest in this item not being as high as the others, I actually liked this pen. It was still the basic, cheap pen, but I liked the look of the butterfly up top.  Unfortunately, mine arrived broken. One of the wings was broken off sadly. On a similar, but different subject,  this box is for not only fans, but collectors. Collectors are particular about having the item be perfect. I’m a bit surprised Funko didn't take more precautions with this box as not only was my pen broken, but the box for my Protagonist pop was damaged. This is something that isn't a huge deal to me most of the time, but I know plenty of people who would be very upset.  Hopefully they try to work things out better for the next box they do. I have emailed about my pen to see if I can get a replacement though.  Hopefully I will hear back soon.

   So yeah,  over all I really liked this box. While not every item was amazing, and while the pen arrived broken, I am glad I bought it. Let's be realistic, if you are buying a Funko box, most likely the main thing you care about in it would be the pop figures. The other items are just a bonus. If you are one of the people like that, and you like Persona 5, go  pick it up. That Arsene pop certainly took my heart, and maybe it will take yours as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH NOTE by Urizen

   Oh how I have waited for this day! Finally the stars have aligned in such a way that I can do this review! I always wished for this but never thought it would actually come to be. I don’t even know how to handle myself. I have so much to say! So, let’s just dive right in and talk about the world famous Death Note!    Written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, the Death Note manga started being released in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2003. It told the story of Light Yagami, a very intelligent high school student who is sick of the failures of the justice system. One day he stumbles across this black notebook labeled “Death Note.” Inside it is a list of rules that tells him if he writes anyone’s name in it, that person will die. It is found out that the notebook belongs to a Shinigami, a god of death, named Ryuk. Ryuk dropped his notebook in the human world because he was bored and wanted to see what would happen. Light decides to use the Death Note to get

MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL by Urizen

   Here come the Men in Black! I have gone back and forth on this franchise’s future for years now. Rumors and plans have been thrown around for a while, including a weird 21 Jump Street crossover (dodged a bullet there), yet nothing had really came to fruition until recently when we got the announcement for Men In Black International. My hope continued to grow more and more as it was announced that Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth would be starring in it. The two worked great together in Thor Ragnarok and both are great at acting, so it had to be good. As the trailer came out, it seemed like an interesting twist, but also kept the same feel of the original series. As usual though, the reviews came, and I grew worried. I didn’t know what I was getting into.    Men In Black: International deals with Thompson's Agent M, who as a child rescued an alien that had broken into her house while being chased by the MIB. While her parents got neuralized and forgot the incident, eve

AVENGER ENDGAME - Spoiler Free by Urizen

AVENGER ENDGAME SPOILER FREE By Urizen 11 years ago Marvel released Iron Man and with that started one of the greatest cinematic universes of all time. With now 22 movies, the MCU has helped shape the super hero movie genre and has created not only what would be considered amazing super hero movies, but just great movies in general. Since the release of the first Avengers movie, we have been building up to this movie. Ever since that tease of Thanos, we all knew something big was coming. By the end of Infinity War, we got it. The stakes were higher than they had ever been. Naturally after all of this, expectations for Avengers Endgame were so high. I was a bit worried. I had a feeling it would be great, but I worried that everyone’s expectations were almost too high. Boy was I wrong. This movie absolutely exceeded all of that. Avengers Endgame may be the best Avengers movie and maybe the best MCU movie so far. It was to the point that even for a three hour long